“M” is for miracle – the miracle of self-knowledge. Here’s the checklist to get you from “don’t really know myself” to “know yourself like the back of my hand.”
- Mirrors – what do you look like?
- Maximum capability – what are you best at?
- Mentors – to bring out your best.
- Manage your ego – less “me” more listening.
- Marshall your strengths, achievements and self-beliefs.
- Must not dos – eliminate the stuff that lets you down.
- Many points of view – see how others see you.
- Memorials –what you want them to say about you.
Things to think about
- Really acute self-knowledge gives you an unfair advantage in life.
- But acute self-knowledge is unusual. Most of us regard our bodies, and the most amazing computers that exist, our brains, as things to be taken for granted.
- Imagine you were given a Lamborghini Mura and access to a hugely powerful computer.
- Now give yourself the curiosity to work out how to operate both and the ability to drive safely – and you are in a very powerful position.
- In your own way you are that car, you are that star computer. All you need now is to know it and go for it.
- Know yourself.
- Accentuate the positive you.
- Eliminate the negative you.
- Amaze yourself.
To be told “you really look as though you know where you are going” is high praise
Having a real sense of direction is very important. Too many people lose their way in their careers; no idea where they’re going; no route map; no compass. No idea where they want to go – stuff just happens to them. But if you do know where you’re going, your chances of actually getting there are hugely enhanced. Although nothing in life is ever that certain.