You might be involved this trouble when try to remove CyberLink products from Windows PC:
“How to uninstall CyberLink?
I uninstalled HP mediasmart webcam and installed CyberLink YouCam because I didn’t know of HP mediasmarts existence, but now I can’t uninstall CyberLink YouCam. Every time I try to uninstall, the install shield wizard quits automatically at the beginning.”
“Samsung R580, Intel i3 @2.4Ghz, 4G Ram, Win 7 Home Premium, AVG free 2013.
Q: I keep reading that Cyberlink is malware or a virus. Further, that it is a nightmare to uninstall.
Could anyone shed some light on this suite of programs?
More people met these problems then remove CyberLink:
- CyberLink does not appear in the program list of Add/Remove Programs
- The uninstaller of Po CyberLink cannot completely remove all associated files
- There is some software that is not compatible with CyberLink
- There are many remnants left in the registry and hard drive
- The .dll, .sys or other files shared with other software are deleted
- The unins000.ex or uninstall.ex missed in the installation
CyberLink is dedicated to providing customers with the best possible software products. If the software does not operate as you expected or you would like to uninstall it for any other reason, please follow the uninstall instructions below.
Some resource has proved that CyberLink is not being considered as malware, but if you don’t trust CyberLink anymore, then just remove it for good from computer, however, it’s worth noting that you’d better do it thoroughly and completely, in case of some trouble caused in the feature.
In order to avoid those issuers from happening we mentioned above, follow the accurate steps to remove CyberLink step by step.
First, try manual approach to remove CyberLink
1) Please ensure that you have logged on your PC as an administrator.
2) Reboot your computer into the Safe Mode before removal in case some damage caused
3) Quit the PhotoDirector programs, if it is running.
- Right click on the icon of CyberLink in the task tray, and choose Exit CyberLink
- Or press Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcuts to enable Windows Task Manager, for the purpose of disabling running components of CyberLink.
4) In Control Panel, negative Windows uninstaller.
- On the Start menu right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner, negative Control Panel then to go to Programs and Features.
- Select CyberLink from the list of currently installed programs, then click Change /Uninstall.
- It will ask you if you to proceed uninstall CyberLink from computer, click Yes to confirm.
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove CyberLink.
5) After the program is uninstalled, restart your computer.
6) Back up Windows registry, in order to restore the change easily once you encounter any unexpected problems during the uninstall process.
7) Continue to remove CyberLink cleanly from computer, you must to clean up the registry key of it, negative Registry Editor to delete the related targets:
- Find and delete all registry entries of the program in:
- Find and delete all files of the program in system folders:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink Corp.\
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CyberLink Corp.\
C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\CyberLink Corp.\.
8) Search for more registry keys of CyberLink and delete them by searching the key word CyberLink.
9) Remove the hidden folder by enabling the option “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in File Explorer.
10) Clean remained folders / files on computer by search the CyberLink on PC.
Second, try auto remover to fast remove CyberLink
Too many steps to remove CyberLink by manual method? Well, here’s great remover for those who want quickly & safely uninstall unwanted apps in quite short time. Only with three simple steps, it removes all the leftovers together with Registry files from computer, and does not cause any problem to computer.
The three simple steps:
- Step 1. Launch it and select CyberLink (the target) you want to remove in the installed programs list and then hit the green button of Run Analysis to begin remove it;
- Step 2. Just wait for a second to let BU analysis CyberLink, and then easily press Complete Uninstall button to continue;
- Step 3. Follow the uninstall direction to complete the auto process, click Yes to proceed and wait for a while until the Scan Leftovers button lights up, then click on it. Then, click on “Delete Leftovers” button to completely uninstall CyberLink.
More tutorial to remove CyberLink products, please visit here below: