Okay, no computer is totally virus free, unless it has never been connected to internet or shared external storage device. Since there may exist no such computer, security breach is common and possible too. This may not be a reason to panic. But what can make you uneasy is the fact that these viruses and other malware can cause a lot of damage to your computer, operating system and files stored in it. The worst of all is files deletions and computer crash that may lead to non-recovery of files damaged or lost. VilmaTech Research Labs will share the PC security knowledge with you.
If your computer is already under attack of viruses, then do not panic. You need to do a few things to ensure less to no damage to your computer system.
1. First of all, take a backup of all the important files on your computer on some external device. You may say that the backup will be infected too. But don’t worry. Once you have virus free computer system, you can always scan the backup file. Or, you can recover your data and then run a scan to remove the virus.
2. If you have an antivirus scanner, then run it. Make sure it is updated. Once you scan the system, check malicious files, viruses and other malware found. If the scanner does not report any such detection, then you need to uninstall your antivirus and either install its fresh copy or pick another antivirus system. Update it and then scan your computer again.
3. If you are still facing problems, simply run the online scanner provided by some large antivirus companies that are trusted for years. This will help in detecting viruses, worms, Trojans and other types of malware.
4. If you think that the problem is not being solved, contact the support center of your antivirus and ask for help. They may be able to guide you through with the process to make your computer system free from viruses and other malicious programs.
5. You can also take assistance of professionals. Call in a service center executive to get help. You may take your PC to the center or ask the person to visit you. They have cutting edge solutions to such problems with minimal data loss and possible recovery too.
6. Finally, if nothing works, the last option is to format your PC and install a fresh copy of operating system as well as your antivirus software. You can always recover important files from the backup you created.
7. Once your PC is freshly installed, add antivirus software, enable firewalls and all other security applications. Do not install anything else before you put an antivirus system on your PC, not even connect to internet. Make sure everything is functional and then you can proceed with the rest of the chores on your computer.
The key is to not panic and work like a pro. You don’t have to be a computer genius to perform such tasks. It is a simple way to make sure that your computer remains free from virus attacks and malware infections.
If you need more information about the PC threats and removal instructions on how to deal with the infections you have got on your computer, you can visit here and follow the experts guides.